Parking permits for the 2021-2022 academic year will be available for purchase starting August 16, 2021
Get Your Permit
All students, faculty, and staff who park on campus are required to purchase a parking pass through Oglethorpe University Campus Safety. You will need your car’s license plate number and insurance information for registration. Parking passes are distributed based on availability and are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Passes can be picked up the university mailroom when they are ready. Enforcement begins one week after the start of classes each term.
Student Permit Rates
Zone 3 & 4 Permits
Academic year: $75
Zone 5 Permit
Reduced cost resident parking
Academic year: $50
Greek Row Resident Parking
Academic year: $125
Academic Year: $125
*C & GR permits are more expensive because these permits allow students to park in any of the three green zones within zones 1, 2, & GR. All other permit holders will be restricted to park in their assigned zone.
Faculty/Staff Permit Rates
Zones 1, 2, 3
Academic Year: $50
Gables Parking Decks
Free for registered faculty & staff members
Lot available 8:15am – 5:30pm, Monday-Friday
*Gables permit holders may only park on campus on weekends, or after 6:00pm on weekdays.
Parking, Driving and Vehicle Registration Policies and Regulations are in the University Bulletin.
- Park in your assigned area and always display your permit. See the parking map to make sure you’re parking in the correct lot.
- Parking is permitted in designated parking spaces only. No parking is allowed on sidewalks, grass, campus roadways which are posted fire lanes or along yellow painted curbs.
- Students may not park in the driveway between Bowden Magbee Hall and Alumni/Jacobs. This is a fire lane and opened only for specific hours designated in August & May for move in, move-out with flashers on.
- Walk as much as you are able and limit your driving between buildings
- Vehicles that are improperly parked or do not have a permit may be booted or towed away at the owner’s expense. Towing is done under provisions of the Georgia Code. Booting of vehicles is a prerogative of the Department of Campus Safety.
- Vehicles may not be driven on or parked on sidewalks or ground areas. This specifically includes motorcycles and motorbikes.
- The campus speed limit of 15 mph is posted and must be observed over the entire campus for the safety of everyone.
Violations of the campus traffic and parking regulations are subject to fines. Fines and holds will be placed on the student’s account with the Business Office the same day the parking violation is received.
Fines & Citations
Citations may be paid online or in the Hub in Lupton Hall.
Parking Zone Violation:
- 1st offense: $25.00
- 2nd offense:, $40.00
- 3rd offense: $50.00 + vehicle boot + mandatory meeting with Student Conduct or note to supervisor
No Permit Displayed:
- 1st offense: $25.00
- 2nd offense: $40.00
- 3rd offense: $50 + vehicle boot + cost of a semester pass ($150 total)
Parking in Disability space without proper permit: $50.00
Parking in fire lane or in front of fire hydrant: $30.00
Parking in reserved space without proper permit: $30.00
Parking in a driveway or other undesignated spot such as on sidewalk or grass: $30.00
Parking improperly or over the line: $30.00
All other violations are categorized under “reckless driving” and will be referred to the student conduct process or office of human resources.